Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening
Fibroblast also known as Plasma Skin Tightening is the latest cosmetic treatment to reduce the volume of excess sagging skin. This treatment can be performed anywhere on the body.
The term “soft surgery” is often used to describe Fibroblast /Plasma Skin Tightening because it delivers results similar to surgery without a scalpel, stitch or bandage and minimal downtime. It is a minimally invasive procedure with a much lower risk, minimal downtime and it is available at a more affordable price than actual surgery.
Fibroblast is known for its success with non-surgical eye lifts, neck tightening, scar lifting treatments, wrinkle reduction, tummy tightening and much more.
Plasma Skin Tightening is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to eliminate excess skin.
Fibroblast uses a device fitted with a tiny needle to deliver heat to the skin to tighten and firm it. This extremely accurate device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its metal tip and the skin, to form a plasma charge.
Plasma – an ionised gas is produced from the tip of the fibroblast device. An electrical arc is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. This creates on the skin a tiny dot, continuing to strategically place tiny little dots around the procedure area and using an electrical spark to heat tiny columns of the skin, skin fibres are shrunk, and collagen production is boosted, leading to the tightening and removal of excess skin.
Plasma Lift removes or reduces fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, uneven coloration, sagging skin on your neck or tummy, and skin imperfections. The results are only comparable to plastic surgery, and in most areas are permanent.
BENEFITS of FIBROBLAST
- Non-surgical skin lift and long-lasting skin rejuvenation
- Minimal pain treatment
- No injectable anaesthetic is required (topical numbing cream is used for a client’s comfort)
- No cutting of skin, stitches and long recovery time as in case of surgical procedure
- Minimal side effects and down time in comparison with surgical procedure
- Instant, amazing and long-lasting results
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
As Plasma Skin Tightening is more than a simple tightening treatment, skin is actually removed, so the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of Plasma treatment are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing. The positive results can last on client’s skin years, depending on the area treated.
The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the best results will be seen by the 8th week as the skin has had time to go through a full regenerative cycle. For some, an additional treatment may be required after 8 weeks for maximum results. Additionally, there are lifestyle factors that can prevent the result from lasting as long as they can, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and prolonged sun exposure.
Those planning on treatment should also be aware that their race and genetics can also have an effect of the length of beneficial effects. This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3. Anyone past this scale is at risk for Hyperpigmentation.
Also treating muscle related wrinkles will not have the same lasting power as removing excess skin. Due to the repetitive movements of the muscles of forehead and smile lines, the results are not expected to last as long as areas like the upper eyelid or tummy tightening. The option for a heavy frowner client is to follow up treatment with Botox to freeze the muscles and prevent them from recreating the wrinkle.
FOR THE BEST OUTCOME:
Results are seen immediately after 1 treatment, depending on individual’s circumstances such as age, life style and skin condition sometimes 2-3 treatments are needed for best results.
The results are only comparable to plastic surgery, and in most areas, are permanent. To put the prices into perspective, the cost of a facelift ranges from €5,000 – €10,000 whereas the price of fibroblast ranges from €95 -€1,000.
The downtime for the plasma fibroblast treatment typically lasts anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks depending on your skin type and how quickly you heal. During the first 24 hours after your plasma lift, your skin may feel like it is sunburnt, and you will have tiny little brown spots in a grid where the skin was treated.
Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Makeup can be worn 5-10 days after treatment. Once the brown spots fall off, skin may appear slightly pinkish for anywhere between 2 weeks – 2 months. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks. Makeup can be worn as normal to cover this up. You will need to avoid sun exposure for 8-12 weeks, and an 50 SPF sunscreen or higher must be worn every day to avoid hyperpigmentation.
Following Fibroblast treatment, you will be given thorough aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. You will be given Dermalogica aftercare kit to promote healing and sooth the initial discomfort. In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) use only Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser and water to gently cleanse the treated area ensuring it is completely dry. Avoid rubbing the area and apply Barrier Repair.
AREAS WE CAN TREAT
Plasma Skin Tightening can be used to treat a number of imperfections without any actual cutting of the skin.
- Eyelids- upper/lower and excess upper eyelid skin.
- Crow’s feet
- Sunspots, Age spots, millia and skin tags (requires a medical Doctors written consent prior to removal to confirm the spot or tag is not a more serious condition)
- Diminishing Stretch marks.
- Tightening loose stomach skin
- Lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
- Mini Facelift
- Neck loose skin tightening
Crow’s Feet From €200 *
Under Eye From €250 *
Upper Eye From €300 *
All 3. Full Eye Rejuvenation From €650*
Upper & Lower Lids From €450 *
Forehead From €300 *
Brow Lift From €200 *
Upper Lip From €250 *
Below Lip From €250 *
Full Mouth From €400 *
Nasolabial Folds From €200 *
Mid Face Rejuvenation From €500 *
Neck or Chest Rejuvenation From €700 *
Tummy, Strech marks from €800 *
Fine line, small wrinkle €150 *
Millia, Skin Tag, Age Spot Removal From €95*
One retouch is Included in Full Price. This treatment must be availed within 12-16 weeks of your first initial treatment.
This treatment is not suitable for everyone. It is imperative to know your clients’ health and circumstances and inform them of all risks associated with the treatment. Contraindications include:
- The client should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no preexisting health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Clients skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
- Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
- Clients with a sunburn/sun tan should postpone treatment for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation are not ideal candidates.
- The client must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). Client will need to reschedule their appointment if they are experiencing an outbreak. This is imperative when working in and around the lip area, as this will likely trigger an outbreak on anyone who has ever experienced the virus. If they have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters) in the past they must see their Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex or equivalent and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment.
- If the client wears a pace-maker avoid treatment with electrical arcing as the currents may disrupt the rhythm of their device.
- Clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding can’t undergo the treatment due to hormonal changes and risks of hyperpigmentation
- This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3. Anyone past this scale is at risk for Hyperpigmentation.
- Clients with Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks. Eyelash extensions can be full of bacteria and due to the swelling, that takes place, the extensions can imbed into the eyelid causing discomfort.